This github helps us to share our projects with others. This can store any type of project we do on our computer. Computer experts, university students, computer engineers, etc widely used by git-hub. This git-hub account can be combined together projects of separate people. It can also be modified if needed. This is used for code festival, code competition held online. Currently, a major part of the job application (CV) for computer based jobs is allocated for this purpose.
The public version on Git-account is free. private version is paid. The public version is others can check our projects.
How to create a Github account
- First, create a Github account.
- Enter a name, valid email and password as shown below. Once logged in, you can access your profile. It can include your bio details, profile picture.
How to add a project to Git account
- First, go to the positive sign shown in the figure. Then click “create new repository”.
- You can enter a project name and a description of it like below. you must leave no space when entering the project name. and have to add a comment about the program. Then you have to tick the “initialize this repository with a RENAME”. Finally, click create a repository to create a new repository for the project.
- Then create a new folder on the desktop. Right-click on it and click on gitbash here. (This is where git bash comes in only if your computer has git bash software. or you have to download gitbash to your pc)
- Below is the interface. Then type “git clone” into it and copy and paste the project link in the Github project. Click enter. and go the desktop file. now we can see our project name.
- Then we will add the project we want to put into the Git account.
- Go to the git bash terminal. type it cd if else java (the file name inside the folder) .cd is used to access the file. Then type “git status” and press enter. it can see our file name.
- Then should inserted project into the Github. for this type “git add ‘filename’ “. after type “git status”. now we can see our project name. before in red color but now is green color. after we can comment on the project. type “git commit -m ‘type comment’ “.
- finally, type “git push” and press enter.
- then go and check Git hub. now can see our project in Git-account.